If you have been hunting for a long time, you know that the .17 WSM cartridge is one of the best and most versatile in the world. It is a top choice for hunters for a multitude of reasons, whether they are hunting and medium-range or if they will be close to their target. They are extremely lightweight, and they are designed to be used for shots that can travel that over 3000 ft./s.
Naturally, you will want to use a weapon that can shoot them. If you happen to have a 17 WSM weapon, you may also want to increase your odds of hitting the target with getting a scope that is designed for this particular gun. Here is an overview of some of the best scopes in the world that are designed for this weapon that you may be using regularly.
Top 3 Picks
In a Hurry? Here are the winners.
Best Scopes for 17 WSM
- Vortex Optics CF2-31015 Vortex Crossfire 2 Riflescope
- Vortex Optics Viper SFP Riflescope
- Simmons Waterproof Fogproof Matte Black Riflescope
- UTG Compact Scope
- Barska AC10048 Varmint Rifle Scope
- The 4-12x44 Crossfire II riflescope is one of many configurations in...
- With long eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box, you'll be able to...
- Anti-reflective, fully multi-coated lenses provide bright and clear...
- Capped reset turrets are finger adjustable with MOA clicks that can be...
- A single piece tube constructed from aircraft grade aluminum ensures...
One of the best things about this particular scope is that it uses a Dead-Hold BDC reticle. This is designed with tailored marks, making them easy to use, and helping you to make corrections within seconds. It is undoubtedly one of the best aspects of this scope that can handle heavy recoil on a rifle.
It also uses an eyepiece that is easier on your eyes. It’s much less impactful with recoil. The optics are improved because of the multicoated lenses, and they also have antireflective materials on them that can minimize the glare and disperse the light in a way that will allow you to see your target.
They are designed to be extremely tough, regardless of the circumstances of your hunt or the weather outside. There is really no other that can match up with it.
That being said, you should know that it does have a few flaws that need to be mentioned. It is not going to work very well with Scout style rifles.
If you start to use this with your weapon, you may suddenly realize that your clarity is improved, as well as your precision, wherever you happen to be hunting. Additionally, there are high-performance features on this that are not available on any other scope, and that is why you will pay more for this particular model.
- The Viper 6.5-20x50 is built on a 30mm main tube with a hard anodized...
- Incorporating our premium, fully multi-coated, extra-low dispersion...
- Capped reset turrets allow quick re-indexing of the turret to zero...
- The fast focus eyepiece allows for quick and easy reticle focusing...
- The Viper 6.5-20x50 scope is ideal for long range, predator/varmint,...
If you are focused upon having the best possible performance, consider this scope for the 17 WSM. It actually originated from the military, and it is built and designed with combat in mind. Most notably, you are going to see high fidelity color, and excellent resolution, that is simply not available on scopes that do not have extra low dispersion lenses.
XR coating is also available on these lenses that will come with this scope. You may not realize how valuable that is until you are in difficult situations. You can reset the turrets very quickly. Regardless of your shooting position, you can make parallax adjustments very rapidly, using the handy knob that is on the side.
Many people regard this as a safe scope, primarily because of the very sturdy design in the optics. It uses an argon purged O-ring that will allow you to avoid the common problem of fog that can appear, or having leakage inside of the scope itself.
- Features Truplex Reticle. Waterproof, fogproof and shockproof
- Parallax correction preset from 50 yards to infinity
- Rimfire 3/8" dovetail mounting rings included
- HydroShield coating ensures a clear sight picture
- SureGrip rubber surfaces simplify adjustments under any conditions
Simmons is a name that is highly regarded, particular with those that are using .17 WSM cartridges. This particular scope has a 32 mm objective lens plus 9X resolution zoom power. At close range, it is an optimal tool, but it can be used for medium-range shots as well.
It is very similar to many other top rated scopes that have elevation adjustments, and adjustments for the wind outside, which are always going to be variables. What you need to know is that all of this is not clearly marked, and is sometimes hard to adjust, so make sure that you remember what you did for your adjustments so that you can replicate them later on.
It does have a few impressive features including the dove tail mounting rings. This will come with your purchase when you get it. You can use it right out of the box, and attach it to your rifle, which is something that you may not get with lesser scopes that are on the market. It is also extremely light, coming in at less than 10 ounces, so the balance of your rifle is not going to be disturbed.
The exterior material that is used, and the quality of the lenses, is why many people use this particular scope. It will provide you with a very clear picture because it uses HydroShield coating on the lenses. What most people are found is that you will have very clear images, and you won’t have to worry about the quality or the intensity of the light outside.
It is going to remain stationary on top of your weapon once it is installed because of the way it is designed. If you need to mount it, or take it off later, this will not be a problem because it is easy to remove and reposition on your weapon.
4. UTG Compact Scope
- 30-millimeter SWAT 3-12X44 IE tactical range estimating scope with...
- 30-Millimeter tube built on True Strength Platform: sealed and...
- Best in class multi emerald coated lenses; integrated angled front...
- Special circuit and housing design for uninterrupted illumination even...
- Premium zero locking and zero resetting target turrets with most...
If you are looking for a scope that can give you 12 X resolution, this definitely has this. It will work perfectly with your weapon. It can provide you with extra durability, light transmission, and it has a flip open lens Which is very easy to use. Most of the people that purchased this are extremely happy with the lenses and the light transmission is better than they expected.
There is a parallax knob that you can use in order to adjust your scope. It has turrets that are designed for precision. Tactile responses are also possible, making it easy to make changes without moving your eyes from the target.
What is truly phenomenal about the scope is the illuminated recitle. There are few on the market that are this complex. There are many different brightness intensities, going all the way up to 36 options, all of which are adjustable with the parallax knob. However, you need to also consider the special circuits that are used and these can be compromised if there is heavy recoil.
Overall, this is the perfect one to use if you are using 17 WSM cartridges. It is very durable, and is perfect for lowlight shooting conditions, which means you can take this out early in the morning, or late in the evening, and get excellent results. Overall, this should be one of your top considerations if you need a scope right now.
5. Barska AC10048 Varmint Rifle Scope
- Precision Aiming: The 6. 5-20x magnification scope features 1/8 MOA...
- Quality Construction: The scope comes with multi-coated optics,...
- Target Dot Reticle: The scope comes with target dot crosshair reticle...
- Special Design: The scope is specifically constructed to withstand the...
- Accessories: The scope comes with scope caps and lens cloth.
If quality is important to you, especially in regard to the overall construction of the scope, you cannot go wrong with this one. It is perfect for hunting, or just general shooting, and it uses parallax error factors and zoom adjustments. The crosshair reticle is something that other people will be envious of along with the turret caps.
It has a zoom ring that will give you maximum magnification, especially for long-range tactical shooting, giving you a long-lasting shooting advantage. It does come with a 1 inch tube construction. This is in conjunction with the multicoated optics. Everything that you see will be very clear, and this is possible because of the 50 mm objective lens that it is built with which will perform.
It is also shockproof, fog prove, and also waterproof, which cannot be said of many of the others on the market today. It comes with a lens cloth, and multiple accessories, and will work perfectly with your weapon.
The construction of these scopes must be from materials that are known to last. Aluminum should be made of aircraft grade materials, which will make them virtually maintenance free and they will not dent or scuff over time.
It is vitally important to always get a scope that is completely moisture proof and fog proof if possible. You need to consider the type of O-ring seals that they are using which factor into this. Inside, there should be nitrogen or argon, both of which are going to help displace the amount of moisture that may have inadvertently gotten inside.
When you are choosing a scope, make sure that it is able to function to maximum capacity at dawn or at dusk. Also consider how weather resistant, or waterproof, it is before you buy it.
The final consideration that you need to make is in regard to eye relief. This means that it should be at least three point inches at a minimum, or even greater, when you are using 17WSM riflescopes. Finally, you need to measure the amount of space in between you and the scope, plus it should still be easy to take aim at your target and make magnification adjustments without having to look. This final factor could be the last thing that you consider before purchasing one of these outstanding scopes for a 17 WSM rifle.
Best Scopes for 17 WSM ( Top 3 Picks )
- Best .22 Pistol Scopes (2021): Buyer’s Guide and Unbiased Reviews - February 16, 2021
- Best Scopes for .50 BMG (2021): Buyer’s Guide and Unbiased Reviews - February 14, 2021
- Best Scopes for .45-70 (2021): Buyer’s Guide and Unbiased Reviews - February 14, 2021
Last update on 2021-06-12 / Rating by Author / Affiliate links, Images, Descriptions & Price from Amazon Product Advertising API