Are you on a quest to find the best first aid kits?
Then you’re in the right place. Because I have done the hard work for you and have reviewed dozens of products to bring you the best first aid kits.
In addition, I will introduce the following related topics.
- Product Details (Including advantages and disadvantages)
- Buyer’s Guide
- The Kind of Trip
- List of Items
- First Aid Kit Using Tips
I will also answer some common questions.
- What is the Expiration Period of a First Aid Kit?
- Which is the Best Place to Keep Your First Aid Kit?
Without further ado, let’s begin!
- 5 Best Sleeping Pads (2020): Buyer’s Guide and Unbiased Reviews - September 18, 2020
- Badlands National Park Travel Guide - September 4, 2020
- Big Bend National Park Travel Guide - September 4, 2020
Top 3 Picks ( In a Hurry? Here are the winners )
Best First Aid Kits
A first aid kit is an absolute must for all those who enjoy spending time in the wilderness, whether they are hunters, survivalists or backpackers.
The great outdoors can be dangerous at time, so you can easily end up with a broken bone or an infected wound that would turn your fun adventure into a nightmare. In such situations, a first aid kit can make all the difference between an unpleasant event and a critical health hazard.
Relying on a first aid kit whenever you seek for outdoor adventures is the best piece of survival advice anyone could ever offer you.
1. Surviveware Small First Aid Kit with Labelled Compartments for Hiking, Backpacking, Camping, Travel, Car and Cycling – Editor’s Choice & Best Seller
- DURABLE, STRONG AND DESIGNED TO LAST. Made from 600D Polyester the...
- COMPACT, LIGHT AND PORTABLE. This kit is packed with 100 essential...
- WATERPROOF INNER CONTENTS. The bag is water resistant and all inner...
- ORGANIZATION IS KEY DURING TIMES OF CRISES. Each inner sleeve is...
- FSA & HSA APPROVED. Why not invest in great Survival First Aid Kit and...
Even though this kit is smaller than others, it still provides you with all essential items you might need in the event of an emergency.
This compact kit fits inside your dashboard and it can help you in many disaster situations. Solo travelers and adventurers will have all supplies they will need to cope with a wide range of medical emergencies that may occur in an outdoor environment. This kit includes everything you may need in the event of an injury, bandages, cotton swabs and disposable gloves, as well as a CPR pouch and an emergency whistle.
All of these first aid materials come in a vividly colored carrying case. Although it looks great and it is very easy to spot, it may not be the best first aid kit to carry with you while hunting. It doesn’t offer good camouflage.
The supplies inside the case are very well organized, making it very easy to find whatever stuff you need. The case is made from a soft, waterproof material which is extremely durable and tear resistant. This lightweight kit weighs about one pound, being therefore the ideal choice for backpackers and hikers.
2. Surviveware Large First Aid Kit & Added Mini Kit for Trucks, Car, Camping and Outdoor Preparedness – Professional’s Choice
- DURABLE, STRONG AND DESIGNED TO LAST. Made from 600D Polyester this...
- APPROVED FOR TRAVEL. This kit comes with 200 basic first aid items for...
- WATER RESISTANT. The bag is water resistant and all inner items are...
- ORGANIZED COMPARTMENTS. You need to know your first aid kit like the...
- PORTABLE MOLLE SYSTEM. The kit comes with a removable system so you...
Surviveware is one of the brands that stand the test of time and make fans worldwide. The Surviveware Large First Aid Kit with additional Mini Kit comes to cater to the needs of millions of their customers. This kit includes nothing less than 200 First Aid approved items of top-notch quality.
This large kit comes with a little sibling that boasts the same quality stuff and counts 50 medically approved items. This smaller kit is ideal for smaller adventures or shorter trips, as it can easily fit inside a small backpack. If you want, you can even wear it as belt attachment.
Made from high-quality 600D polyester, this small kit can perfectly withstand bad weather. The best thing about this kit is that it floats in water, so you don’t need to worry about losing it by accident while crossing rivers and creeks.
Thanks to the Molle system you can carry this kit anywhere you like. The two D rings allow you to hang it wherever you wish and retrieve it in a few seconds only.
The Surviveware First Aid Kit is FDA-approved, being therefore one of the best choices you can make in terms of quality and reliability.
3. First Aid Only FAO-442 All-Purpose First Aid Kit
- Contains 299 essential first aid supplies for treating minor aches and...
- Clear plastic pockets for organization and easy access to first aid...
- Ideal for home, travel and on the go use
- Compact case measures 9.25" x 2.875" x 7"
- Case color may vary based on availability
This kit includes 299 items, so it can help you tackle a wide array of emergencies during longer trips or when traveling in larger groups. It suits survival adventures, but it can also help you at home, at work, or anywhere else you may need first aid supplies. The kit includes all items you may need such as gauze pads, cold pack, bandages, antiseptic towels, sting relief, and many other such things.
Boasting an effective Organized System, this kit help you keep stuff organized and enables you to quickly find any item you might need in an emergency situation. Being able to instantly access some of these items will save you extremely valuable time. There’s also enough room for you to fit in your personal medication and medical supplies.
This kit comes in a compact and solid case that fits well in a backpack. The 299 items in this comprehensive all-purpose first aid kit are everything you need to stay prepared for nay kind of emergency in your house or on the go. This is the perfect first aid kit for the entire family.
4. Be Smart Get Prepared 10HBC01082 100Piece First Aid Kit, Clean, Treat & Protect Most Injuries with The Kit That is Great for Any Home, Office, Vehicle, Camping & Sports – Best Value
- Manufactured by the #1 leading manufacturer of First Aid Kits in the...
- This Kit meets United States FDA Regulatory Standards as a Medical...
- Fully organized interior compartments provides quick access. The...
- Compact size case measures 7.5in x 2.5in x 6.8in, is portable and can...
- Features Easy Slide Latches that securely locks into place.
The name of this first aid kit says it all! Preparedness for emergencies and accidents is one of the wisest things you can do for your own health and well-being. Be Smart Get Prepared 100 Piece First Aid Kit has been designed with users in mind, that’s for sure. It helps you get prepared for the less pleasurable events you may need to face in your life.
Manufactured by one of the most reputable companies in the US, this first aid kit boasts 100 essential first aid items. Fully compliant with the United States FDA Regulatory Standards, it qualifies as a medical device. You can buy it for using it at home or as your reliable travel first aid kit. The solid and durable container features multiple compartments that allow you to find anything you may need with ease. The kit is also portable, being therefore one of the ideal choices for adventurers who are always on the go.
5. DeftGet First Aid Kit – 163 Piece Waterproof Portable Essential Injuries & Red Cross Medical Emergency Equipment Kits : for Car Kitchen Camping Travel Office Sports and Home
- ★2020 NEW UPGRADED:Newest combination first aid kits,based on...
- ★ APPROVED: Medical grade quality. Manufactured with the finest...
- ★MULTIPURPOSE: Perfect for any occasion or events - family, home,...
- ★DURABLE & COMPACT BAG (8.2" x 5.1" x 2"). Easy to carry, small and...
- ★100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Safe Guarantees customer satisfaction or...
If you find yourself too frequently in dangerous environments, you shouldn’t settle for a basic first aid kit, as it may not live up to your expectations. You should rather invest in a comprehensive and sturdy kit that is suited for a wider array of emergencies and potential incidents. The DeftGet First Aid Kit has everything it takes to cover a wide range of situations and problems. It is also compact and lightweight, so it suits also outdoor situations such as sports events, camping trips, hiking adventures and other such outdoor endeavors. At the same time, it can be the perfect home first aid kit, as it contains everything needed to address minor household incidents or DIY injuries. Just make sure you find a good place for the kit, so that you can reach out to it in an instant, should you need to use it in an emergency situation.
This kit contains no less than 163 first aid high-quality items that can help you cover any minor emergency. The 20 band-aids and the 10 alcohol prep pads should do for a number of such experiences. Also, the stainless steel tweezers and the stainless steel scissors may come in handy in wide array of situations. If you want reliable safety and preparedness, this first aid kit is definitely something to take a closer look at. It even includes one compressed towel, without taking a toll on the overall size and weight of the kit.
6. Everlit Emergency Survival Trauma Kit with Tourniquet 36″ Splint, Military Combat Tactical IFAK for First Aid Response, Critical Wounds, Gun Shots, Blow Out, Severe Bleeding Control and More
- ✅【Everlit Emergency Trauma Kit】: Uniquely customized by U.S...
- ✅【Massive Hemorrhage and Circulatory Care】: This kit contains...
- ✅【Respiratory and Hypothermia Treatment】: Sealing the open chest...
- ✅【Bone Fracture Treatment】: 36 Inch Splint Roll to keep your...
- ✅【Veteran Owned Company 5 – Star Customer Support】: Everlit is...
If you are one of the adventurer’s and you are not afraid to take occasional risks, then a first aid kit might not be sufficient for what you require. For those who like to hike or rock climb solo, they require a first aid “survival kit” that can accommodate the possibility of injuries. The Everlit Emergency Survival Trauma Kit is the answer.
For any person that has any knowledge about injuries that are acute, the kit contains the majority of things that are needed for the countryside or outdoor settings. EVERLIT, accounts for medical needs in an emergency, leaving you with the responsibility of covering your warmth and food requirements.
Prevent blood loss, shock, and drops in body temperature, with this trauma kit that is well-priced and essential.
7. Survival Work/Home First Aid Kit
The Survival First Aid Kit is compact and contains several tools and medicines to help you if you ever face a medical emergency. The kit weighs in at only 3 pounds which makes it easy to carry and transport.
This Survival First Aid Kit is rated highly among customers due to how compact it is and the variety of tools and medicines that will cover you in any type of emergency situation that you are faced with. This kit stands apart from many others on the market due to its compact size, along with all the accessories that come along with it.
The kit is not only lightweight but also constructed out of highly durable zippers and materials. The strong zipper also makes closing and opening the kit easy and fast. The kit also contains everything you will need to quickly treat injuries before the EMS arrives to assist you further.
8. M2 BASICS 300 Piece (40 Unique Items) First Aid Kit | Free First Aid Guide | Emergency Medical Supply | for Home, Office, Outdoors, Car, Survival, Workplace
- Free survival items when you buy original from seller “M2 Brands”:...
- This kit has over 4,400 reviews! Protect your family & friends! Always...
- 300 piece first aid kit includes 40 unique items: Adhesive bandage...
- Includes lightweight & durable carry case. Zippered bag includes clear...
- Versatile kit to fit your lifestyle: Use for home, office, vehicle,...
This kit includes a carry case that comes with handles. The case contains 300 items that will prepare you for any type of emergency or injury. This versatile first-aid kit contains a tourniquet, medical face-mask, a cold-compress, and so much more. The kit also contains survival tools such as a whistle and a compass. The M2 BASICS 3 comes with an easy to understand guide.
The supplies are neatly contained in a compact carry bag with handles. The kit is compact enough to store in your car, at home, or take with you when you are on-the-go.
This emergency kit also contains all the medical supplies you will need to accommodate just about any situation. At a medium price range, this is worthwhile, affordable buy.
9. Compact First Aid Kit for Medical Emergency – for Home, Car, Camping, Hiking, Sport, Work, Office, Boat, Survival, and Traveling – Small and Lightweight First Aid Bag
- MEDICAL-GRADE QUALITY: This emergency kit was assembled in an approved...
- CONVENIENT, COMPREHENSIVE CARE: This ultimate survival kit consists of...
- DURABLE, LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE DESIGN: This complete, compact first...
- READY FOR WHATEVER COMES YOUR WAY: Works as an emergency survival kit...
- MANUFACTURER WARRANTY: You need outdoor gear that's as tough as you...
This all-purpose first-aid kit will help you in any undesired event or situation that you may be faced with. The kit only weighs 1.1lbs and is suitable for both adults and children. This is one of the most compact kits on the market and contains everything that you may need in an emergency.
The first-aid kit from Trip Worthy is also made to last and it comes with a surprising 4-year guarantee (from the date of manufacture). This company is also backed by excellent customer service should you have any concerns or questions about the kit.
Items that are included in this kit are of medical-grade quality and match up to the highest standards. The nylon pack contains a variety of emergency items such as abdominal bandages to glow sticks to safety pins. Each supply matches up the ANSI and OSHA requirements which means this kit is suited to all workplace situations. The kit is also FDA-approved, making it a reliable and safe product.
However, if you love going hiking or rock climbing, you might want a smaller version of the kit, since this kit may be too bulky when it comes to outdoor adventures.
10. Adventure Medical Kits UltraLight and Watertight
- Kit measures 7.5 x 10 x 2 inches and weighs approximately 8 ounces
- Accommodates 1-2 people for 1-4 days
- Inner Dryflex bags and outer seam-sealed siliconized nylon bag with...
- This first aid kit contains a wide array of medications to treat pain,...
- Stabilize fractures and sprains with wraps and bandages to immobilize...
This kit is ideal for those who need medical supplies when adventuring solo in a compact and lightweight form. This kit only weighs 8 ounces and comes with burn and blister care, bandages, medications, and sprain care in a durable and water-resistant pouch.
This kit only contains supplies to accommodate a single person for a day. Made for the adventure seekers, the products inside include common medications, sprain/fracture care, burn/blister care, sterile bandages, along with essential items such as pre-cut moleskin and remover forceps.
All these medical supplies come in a water-resistant, ultra-lightweight bag. The inner bag is also waterproof and comes with taped seams. This means it is the ideal kit for hiking, rafting, canoeing, backpacking, and just about any other outdoor adventure you can think of.
More Products (Our Rating: 4 Stars)
The Kind of Trip
Before you take action to go ahead and purchase a first aid kit; it is wise first to consider the kind of trip you are planning. That is because it will most definitely affect the items you will need in the first aid kit. In other words, a camping first aid kit is different from that of a car kit. Below are common types of kits for different kinds of trips or situations – and the items you will need:
- Office Kit – Offices are more or less similar to homes in several ways, including the risks. That is because you will not have to worry about risks associated with vehicle traveling or camping, and therefore, you will not need a range of emergency items. In an office setting, all employees need to know where the first aid kit is located in case it is needed.
- Home Kits – In a home setting, having all products that you may need in an emergency is very important. However, these items must be placed in one convenient place to prevent the chance/risk of having a hard time finding them during an emergency. Many homeowners prefer buying these items separately. Nevertheless, the products mostly needed in a home kit include wound cleaning agent or disinfectant and a wide array of bandages and pads to treat any kind of wound.
- Car kit – Even though we do not like to admit it, cars are dangerous. Also, there are other factors that can make a person be stranded in a car for long hours like a bad accident or bad weather. As such, having a medical first aid kit is wise. In fact, it could be a tool that can save your life.
- Camping Kit – Camping first aid kits are very important because they play a huge role when it comes to survival in two ways. The first is that camping is a place you are more likely to get hurt, and second is the lack of medical supplies that would be readily available. For these reasons, you will need not only key items that are normally found in a first aid kit, but also other items like painkillers, safety pins, scissors, and even in some cases an antivenom.
- Hiking Kit – These kits are similar to camping kits. Therefore, they will contain the extra additional tools like painkillers in the kit. However, when it comes to hiking, you will need other emergency items in case of an emergency such as a light stick, a whistle, and a compass.
- Boating Kit – This is another first aid kit that will look similar to that of a camping kit because when there is an emergency, a person will be a long way from the medical supply. This is why it is wise to have a medical first aid kit in a boat. However, it should also contain other items that you may need in case of an emergency such as a light stick, emergency satellite phone, and others.
- Others – There are many other areas or places where a first aid kit is important. These areas include swimming pools, hotels, schools, events, and much more. What is important to note is that different situation, trip, or place demands different items in a first aid kit. This is why it is important to consider these factors before buying the items or the first aid kit.
List of Items
Antibiotic Ointment – It is common knowledge that when you get a cut, there is the potential for it to become infected. You need to be proactive and take the proper measures to prevent this from occurring. By applying antibiotic ointment to the cut, you will prevent bacteria from entering the cut because they will not be able to penetrate the ointment’s protective barrier.
If you do not have access to an ointment, you will need to thoroughly clean the wound and seek medical assistance as soon as possible. The main function of the ointment is to keep you safe from bacteria and infection.
Bandages – These items are considered standard in the best first aid kits and you want to make sure you maintain a steady inventory of bandages in your medical kit at all times. Your stock should include bandages of various sizes so they will can be adequately used on different areas of the body. Furthermore, these are the essential items that are usually the first to go in a first aid kit so it is a good idea to keep them around.
Cold Pack – Cold packs can be used to not only quickly reduce pain and swelling, but they can also be used to allow you get the assistance you need. Depending on where the swelling is occurring, it may impair your mobility and ability to get help. Cold packs reduce the swelling, allow for a faster recovery and allow you to get where you need to go.
By using a cold pack, you will be able to travel further. If you do not have a cold pack available, you may be in too much pain to move. However, when one is applied to the swollen area and you have the opportunity to rest, you will be able to continue your travels.
Pads – This is another essential item that should be in every first aid kit. Pads can be used to treat large wounds as well as wounds that are in hard to reach areas of the body. As with the bandages, it is important that you include pads in a variety of sizes so they can be used in a range of applications. They also tend to run out faster than other items, so always keep your kit completely stocked.
Wipes – Wipes can serve several purposes in a first aid kit. They can clean any scratches or cuts you may have on your body and remove dirt and debris. In addition, they can also be used to clean the skin around a wound before ointments and bandages are applied. Because they are items that can be used for many purposes, it is always a good idea to place some in your emergency kit.
Compass – There may be someone wondering why a compass is include in a list of essential first aid kit items. This survival item are small and easy to include in a medical kit and guide you to a safe location if your mobile phone or GPS is not working.
Closure Strips – This is considered a very serious first aid kit item. It is even more essential than others, especially the further you travel away from an urgent care, hospital or even your home. They can be a lifesavers if you have to perform first aid on yourself and cannot make it to a medical center. Closure strips allow you to bind a deep cut and stop it from bleeding until you are able to get medical help.
Tape – Tape is another one of those items that can have multiple uses and serve numerous purposes. They are a beneficial addition to any first aid kit no matter when or why you may need it.
However, the primary reason for including tape in your kit is to use it to apply bandages and pads securely to the skin.
CPR Face Mask – This essential item is one of those items that you hope you never have to use and they are found in many of the best first aid kits. Even though you can perform CPR without using one of these masks, the masks allow a hygienic and safe barrier between you and the victim. A CPR face mask is a beneficial item to have, but they are not absolutely necessary.
Glow Stick – This is another item that is more of a survival item than a medical item. It is important to have glow sticks in your first aid kit if you need to be rescued quickly after you have been in an accident, or you have been injured.
You will only need glow sticks in a kit you are planning to travel with. The sticks provide enough light so rescuers will be able to find you. They are not needed for a home-based first aid kit.
Cotton Tip Applicator – These small applicators have long serve many functions. They are used for everything from applying makeup to cleaning ears. However, in a first aid kit, they can be used to clean cuts and wounds, as well as applying ointments. You can also use them to stop a cut or wound from bleeding while you are cleaning or covering a wound.
Emergency Blanket – When discussing items for a first aid kit, they can usually be divided into items that are necessary for medical aid and the ones that are considered items for survival preparedness. Emergency blankets are considered survival items that will only be needed when you are outside or in a car and stuck during an emergency.
Gloves – If you find yourself in a survival situation, chances are you are not near a facility where you can thoroughly wash and dry your hands before providing medical assistance. By wearing gloves, you will be able to apply basic first aid treatments without contaminating the injured area with bacteria. The gloves will protect the person receiving care and the person providing the care.
Tweezers – Even though tweezers are common used as a beauty tool for plucking eyebrows, they can also be used to pluck debris from wounds and pulling splinters out of the skin. You will also find that they have many other applications also.
Scissors – Scissors are generally standard in first aid kits because they can be used for so many different things. Usually, they are used to cut large pads and bandages so they can be fit to size for the area you are treating. However, they can also be used to cut a piece of clothing if someone needs a tourniquet or is severely injured. At least one pair of scissors should be in every kit.
Sewing Kit – This is another item that you hope you never have to use in an emergency situation. Unfortunately, there are times when wounds can be so wide and deep that you have to use sewing thread to ‘stitch’ the area before applying bandages or pads. Although this may sound cruel, it may be necessary in order to stop the bleeding and to save a life until the injured person can get proper emergency medical attention.
Whistle – A whistle is an item that you would use in an emergency situation to make a noise even if you are short of breath or far away from the road. The sound of the whistle will send out an alert to let people know in the general vicinity that someone needs help. If you are looking for an outdoor first aid kit, be sure to get one that has a whistle included.
Escape Tool – This is a first aid item that is essential for any kit that you plan to keep in your vehicle because it can serve two purposes. One purpose is to cut your seatbelt if you become stuck, and the second purpose is that it can be used to smash a windshield or door window if you are stuck in your car and need to get out quickly. You can keep this in your glove compartment for easy access.
Poncho – A poncho can keep you dry and warm during an emergency. This is an item that belongs under the survival preparedness category because it will be beneficial if you are caught in a storm or stranded outside for a period of time.
Safety Pins – They can be used to hold bandages in place, and they are very easy to use. The ‘safety’ in safety pins means that they can be used without the risk of being stabbed by them. As with tape, they are vital items that can help keep everything secured and in place.
Burn Cream – Interestingly enough, this is one essential item that is not found in many first aid kits. However, it is one that can be very beneficial, especially if you are going to be in a situation where heat is being used.
If you plan on making a campfire for warmth and/or cooking, it would be a good idea to have some burn cream on hand. Because it is not included in a lot of kits, always check the first aid kit you are interested to see if it is included or not.
Painkillers – Many first aid kits come with several options for pain medication that you can use when you need pain relief and first aid. If you are buying a home kit, painkillers may not be necessary because it is likely you already have some in the home.
The three choices that you will usually find are ibuprofen, aspirin and non-aspirin. These medications differ from one another and offer different types of pain relief. So, there are options in case the person cannot take one or more of the painkillers.
Splints – At the basic level, splints are nothing more than two solid and durable pieces of material. They are often made of wood and they can be used to bind something that is broken so movement is limited. Although paramedics and EMTs use splints on larger areas of the body such as legs and arms, the splints in a first aid kit are not that large. The ones you will find in a kit are small enough for smaller dislocated and broken extremities such as toes and fingers.
First Aid Guide – Lastly, you may be new at using a first aid kit and you are unsure how to give someone first aid in an emergency. In these scenarios, it may be best to purchase a first aid kit that contains a basic first information that will let you know what to do to prevent a bad situation from becoming worse than it is. You will also learn information that could possibly help you save someone’s life or even your own. This is especially important if everyone is not properly trained in first aid.
Having the best first aid kit cannot be ignored more, especially when it comes to survival. Your first aid kit should be the first line to help you during an emergency – and as such, selecting a first aid kit is a task that should not be taken lightly. Only through proper research and getting facts right will help you get the best for you.
- Brand Name – If you are not sure of the first aid kit to go for, then you should consider choosing a reputable brand like those mentioned in our content. It is important to note that brand first aid kits come with high-quality products and items like adhesive bandages.
- Component Variety – It is important to go for a kit that comes or offers a variety of important components. In other words, it should contain all essential components or items for a real-life threatening emergency.
- Value of Money – To get the best and one which is value for your money, always choose a kit that can be used in an emergency. Go for a kit that will suit your needs and contain all the accessories you may need.
- Component Quality – It does not matter if the first aid box itself appears simple; it must include high-quality components. Remember, in an emergency, low-quality components will not be able to serve the purpose.
- Equipment – All first aid kits must contain all essential equipment to treat common afflictions and injuries. However, the sad truth is that not all of them are complete in a sense. Therefore, while purchasing one, consider checking to see if they contain everything you may need.
- Well-Organized – The best kit is one which can be organized nicely and allow a user to access what they need easily.
- The Size – Size also plays a role. For example, you will need a large size kit if you are traveling in a group, if the trip is long, and the kind of emergency one may face.
- Portability or Flexibility – If you travel often, then the kit you need must be small and of low weight. In other words, the kit you need must be flexible to be accommodated in every situation
- The Purpose – Remember, the kit you will have at home is most definitely going to be different top that which you will need for camping or hiking. Also, an adult first aid kit is different to that of a baby.
- The Durability – Of course, you need something that can last for long. In such a case, you have to look not only for quality but also for the design that is durable and can withstand extreme damages and temperature. Therefore, in such a case, you should consider a kit that comes with zippers, loops, pockets, waterproof, and tear-resistant.
First Aid Kit Using Tips
Below are tips to follow when using essential first aid items:
- Always Disinfect – Skin-to-skin contact and open wounds can lead to infections and the spreading of illness. Therefore, it is always important to disinfect your hands and area of injury before damaging the wound.
- Stop the Bleeding – Always stop the bleeding by applying pressure to the open wound. This must be done before applying a bandage or wrapping it.
- Immobilize the Injured Area – For broken bones or trauma, it is wise to ensure the injured area is immobilized, and there is no pressure or excess weight on top of the affected area. Not unless you are the doctor do not try to reset or stint the bone yourself.
- Performing CPR – CPR should be done for none responsive persons who are not breathing. You can learn how to do CPR in our comprehensive guide. When in doubt, it is wise to call 911 immediately after determining that CPR is what is needed. The 911 operator will help by guiding you on the way to do it. Nevertheless, it is always important to call 911.
Do not forget to restock your first aid kit. In fact, as soon as you have used any of the essential first aid items, you should consider replacing them immediately. The last thing anyone would want is another accident to occur and find that the emergency kit is empty.
On the other hand, taking a CPR or first aid course can really help those close to you. In fact, in order to use your first aid kit, it is wise to take a Basic CPR or First Aid certification course.
What is the Expiration Period of a First Aid Kit?
Many first aid kits have a shelf life that ranged from 3 years to a maximum of 5 years. Nevertheless, experts recommend checking the supplies regularly to ensure they are in good condition, and none of the items have expired. Expired items have the opposite effect when it comes to emergencies.
Which is the Best Place to Keep Your First Aid Kit?
If you own a hiking or camping first aid kit, then you should note that they are most probably waterproof. Nevertheless, if you are not using it, you should consider storing it in a dark place where there is no moisture. It should be kept away from children and protected from spillages. However, do not forget to inform all members of the camping group where the kit is located in case they will need it. If one member of the group is a child, then you should adjust to meet the purpose. Do not forget to recheck the shelf-life of every item in the kit. That is because every item in the kit has a different expiration date, and some may need replacing more often than others.
It has been proven that many hikers prefer leaving their first aid kits at their campsite while they are hiking on nearby trails. However, this is something that is not recommended because accidents can occur at any time. Therefore, it does not matter if your hike is a one-day affair, or you are hiking somewhere close to your camp or home, it is wise to take your first aid kit with you. All you have to do is select a kit that will work well for you. Remember, some kits are quite flexible, and such a kit can be ideal for both backpacking, hiking, and camping. Generally, they are designed for adventure.
There is no doubt that a first aid kit is one of the most important equipment to have in your home, car, and even when hiking, camping, backpacking, riding, or traveling. Everyone (from babies, adults, and the elderly) is at risk of experiencing an accident or being injured. As such; having a first-aid assistant can be a lifesaving affair. In other words, after an injury, it is important to have immediate medical attention. And as such, with all useful information you have accrued in this document, you are now in a position of getting the best first aid kit not only for you but also for your loved ones. You are also in a position to get a kit that will meet your purpose effectively. Get your first aid kit today!
Best First Aid Kits ( Top 3 Picks )
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Rating by Author / Affiliate links, Images, Descriptions & Price from Amazon Product Advertising API