At a campsite, many people love to enjoy watching the stars at night but often don’t. The lights around the campsite attract insects making it unbearable to venture out of your tent. This is when you come to the realization that investing in a cabin tent that comes with a screened-off porch is the best way to enjoy nature when you go camping.
Advantages of Using Camping Tents with a Screen Room
A porch tent is fantastic when you camp outdoors with friends or family. The porch tents are mainly made for a minimum of 6 people, while the additional screened porch areas provide even more space to the living room.
This extra space is perfect for storing extra stuff along with other things like muddy shoes or wet clothes you won’t want to drag inside your tent.
Protection from Bugs and Insects
Due to the extended screened porch, these tents also offer added protection from wasps, mosquitos, spiders, and any other creepy fliers and crawlers.
Best Camping Tents With Screen Room
- Coleman Dome Tent with Screen Room
- Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
- Core 11 Person Family Cabin Tent with Screen Room
- Coleman Steel Creek Fast Pitch Dome Tent with Screen Room
- Coleman WeatherMaster 6-Person Tent with Screen Room
1. Coleman Dome Tent with Screen Room | Editor’s Choice & Best Seller
- Weatherproof; Welded corners and inverted seams keep water...
- Conventional Pitch: Sets Up in 15 Minutes
- Roomy interior: 15 x 12 ft. With 6 ft. Center height; fits 2...
- Bug-free lounging: 10 x 5 ft. Full-floor screen room
- Carry bag: Included for easy storage
This is an ideal camping tent that comes with a screened-in porch designed to withstand strong winds that provides an excellent outdoor experience.
It should take less than 15 minutes to set up the tent. Assembling is made easy with the snag-free and Insta-Clip pole fasteners, and continuous pole sleeves. The Coleman Evanston Camping Tent provides a free-living style experience due to the roomy areas (rooms) on offer.
The spacious interior measures 10 X 9 ft, with a center height of 5 ft. 8 inches. Walking upright should not be a challenge for average-height adults.
The entire design of the Evanston is focused on combating any type of weather condition. With inverted seams, welded corners, and zip-up flats that keep insects, dust, and rain away from the sleeping areas. The robust rainfly provides the ultimate shaded area when it is humid and hot outside.
- Material: Synthetic
- Special Feature: Rainfly
- Item Weight: 26.38 Pounds
- Shape: Dome
- Closure Type: Zipper
2. Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent | Runner-up
- Convertible screen room with inverted "T" style door and...
- Removable seam-sealed fly provides versatility
- Mesh roof vents, 2 zippered side windows with inside flaps
- Shock corded fiberglass roof frame with steel uprights and...
- Guy out vent at the back of the tent, Two convenience...
Similar to the cabin tent designs that come with a screened porch, the Klondike Tent includes a screened-off porch that you can close off to create another room for a guest.
The polyester materials are coated in polyurethane which means this 8-man tent is made to withstand all types of weather conditions. The combination of the tent materials, the durable fiberglass roof frame, and the floor make this tent an excellent deal.
Klondike also boasts a roomy interior and a vent at the back along with mesh openings that promote air circulation. The screen room comes with a removable seam-sealed fly that allows you to open the mesh walls widely to achieve an optimal natural experience.
- Special Feature: Water-Resistant
- Shape: Rectangular
- Closure Type: Zipper
- Pole Material Type: Fiberglass, Steel
3. Core 11 Person Family Cabin Tent with Screen Room
- Sleeps 11 people; Fits three queen air mattresses; Center...
- Features front screen room with closable window panels and...
- CORE H20 Block Technology and adjustable ground vents
- Gear loft with lantern hook and pockets keep items organized...
- Includes tent, tent poles, rain fly, gear loft, tent stakes,...
If you are looking for a big tent that comes with a screened porch, but you prefer the cabin-style tents, then the CORE 11-Person is the perfect fit.
This tent offers enough space for all your family members and more than enough room to walk around and stand up. CORE advertises that this tent comfortably sleeps 11 people when you put 4 people inside the screen room and 7 in the main sleeping area.
These tents include a range of features, including a removable rainfly, a one-year warranty, and an electrical port. The ventilation system sets these tents apart. CORE installed adjustable vents along the bottom that allows users to easily open each vent when they need more air, and to close them to keep the warmth inside.
- Size: 29.2 in x 14.2 in x 14.2″
- Material: Durable 68D Polyester
- Item Weight: 14.79 Kilograms
- Closure Type: Zipper
- Maximum Height: 86 Inches
- Floor Area: 204 Square Feet
4. Coleman Steel Creek Fast Pitch Dome Tent with Screen Room
- 6-person dome tent features a separate screen room for...
- Fast Pitch tent design sets up in about 7 minutes
- WeatherTec system and rainfly keep tent interior dry and...
- Durable Polyguard fabric and strong frame designed to last...
- Measures 10 x 9 feet with 10- x 5-foot screen room;...
This fast-assembly camping tent includes a screen room, providing a separated porch and roomy sleeping space. The Coleman Steel Creek 6 people tent is easy to set up in under 7 minutes thanks to the highly efficient design.
The WeatherTec technology guarantees complete weather-sealing that keeps the inside dry from the bottom to the top. The robust Polyguard fabric secures the materials from destruction (caused by friction with the ground) and wraps around the strong steel frames. The floors are also completely waterproof.
The 6-person Coleman tent easily accommodates 2 queen-sized beds, which makes it the ideal choice for a 4-person family. The E-Port allows you to bring electricity into the tent, for those extended camping adventures.
- Size: 10′ x 9′
- Material: Steel
- Item Weight: 19.01 Pounds
- Shape: Round
- Closure Type: Zipper
5. Coleman WeatherMaster 6-Person Tent with Screen Room
- Spacious 6-person tent has enough room for 2 queen-size...
- Separate floorless screen room offers bug-free lounging
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted...
- Measures 11 x 9 feet with 6-foot 8-inch center height;...
- Rainfly and expandable carry bag included
These tents include Coleman’s WeatherTec system, which comes with inverted seams and patented welded floors that promote improved weatherproofing. The rainfly is designed to keep the rain out, while the weather-resistant zippers make sure everything runs smoothly even when it rains. The assembly is easy and should not take longer than 20 minutes.
Even though the interior includes good waterproofing and strong floors, this is missing when it comes to the screen room. This makes this area vulnerable to insects and rain. This is unfortunate since the roomy 9 X 6-feet screen room does look rather welcoming.
- Material: Polyester
- Item Weight: 32 Pounds
- Closure Type: Zipper
- Pole Material Type: Fiberglass
Screen Room Vs. True Porch
The first decision you should be making is whether to choose a screen room or a true porch.
The true porch is just a single piece of material or fabric erected overhead that provides protection from the sun. There are no walls or floors. These porches are inexpensive and lightweight but won’t provide much other than shade.
The screen rooms are what you have seen in the products we reviewed above. These are complete additional rooms, that are separated from the rest of the tent. The room is screened in and protected from the exterior. This provides protection from bugs, insects, the sun, and rain.
We found that even though a screen room adds a few more pounds, it is a well worth investment to provide a shield from the outdoor elements.
The first choice is to decide the tent size that you need. This will assist you in narrowing down your options.
We always suggest sizing up by 1 or 2 people. So if you are camping in a group of 4, we suggest going for a 6-person tent.
This is because the manufacturer lists the sizing when people are squashed against one another when lying down. You want space when you lie in a tent, and room to store your gear.
So start your search by deciding on how many people are going camping with you. Then add 1 or 2 people, and start looking for tents of this size. We have listed a few sizes in the tents mentioned above to help you find the ideal tent for your camping adventures.
Size is also a crucial factor if you are going backpacking. You want to keep your weight low when you are carrying everything on your back. The tents with a porch are typically bigger, which is why they are better suited to car camping.
Even though these tents are generally spacious, they should also feature the right height. This means you should be able to walk freely without having to bend or stoop.
The best tents with screened porches must feature roof vents and mesh windows for adequate ventilation. This will make sure you stay comfortable and cool on hot summer nights, and allow you to breathe fresh and clean air.
Portability and How Easy It Is to Assemble the Tent
The larger tents are obviously heavier, but they should still be portable. Lightweight tents are not only easier to transport, but also simple to move from your car to the campsite.
Tents that are simple to erect won’t give you hassles when it comes to spending hours attempting trying to work it out. This is often a major problem when it comes to bigger tents. If you struggle to assemble a tent, rather look at the large pop-up tents to make everything easier.
The screened porch tents offer different features that are designed to handle all types of weather conditions. The ideal tent will have enough ventilation to make sure you stay cool when the weather gets hot, and zipper flaps for each window to keep the rain and cold out. The roof should also include a cover for all-weather protection.
Expectations and Needs
It is up to you what you are looking for in the right tent. You might want a screened porch, but a separate interior room, or rather one large space. Maybe you want a tent with one or two doors. Does the tent have enough space for 4 to 8 people?
Last update on 2021-08-03 / Rating by Author / Affiliate links, Images, Descriptions & Price from Amazon Product Advertising API